If you're a woman business owner seeking federal contracts, you might qualify for the 8(m) set-aside program for Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB).
Exploring opportunities? Remember:
- Set-aside programs don't guarantee you a contract. This program requires two or more WOSB's to compete for the business – it's not a sole source program.
- Look beyond the 8(m) set-asides. While the estimated value of the WOSB set asides is $6 billion, the federal government aims to award about $250 billion to all small businesses.
The Five Steps
- Learn the rules
SBA's WOSB Program Compliance Guide and supporting documents for the 8(m) Program has details. Do you qualify? If so, here you'll learn what documents you'll need, and who to ask if you're not sure and have more questions.
- Prepare & scan your documents
You'll be uploading files. Find out how to do that in The Repository Guide
- Set up your GLS account
On SBA's web site: Go to https://eweb.sba.gov/gls
Click on "Instructions for GLS" to find out what to do next
Select "Request SBA User ID" and create your account.
- Upload your documents
Log into your GLS account, and enter the WOSB Program Area.
- Update or Register in SAM
If you're already registered in the System for Award Management (SAM), update your records to reflect your certification.
If you're not in SAM, head over to www.sam.gov and read about how to do that.
- Visit www.aptac-us.org for low cost or free counseling and programs in your region.
- Get Government Contracts Made Easier.
Save oodles of time and money on the way to your next contract...or your first one.