If you're pursuing federal prime or subcontract business based on your status as WOSB or EDWOSB, you need to create a login on the new site, SBA ONE.
I've tried it out, and I'm impressed. SBA has made it super easy and fast to upload SBA forms and supporting documents, for both the self-certifying and the third-party certified. Here's what you need to know.
- The site supports both third-party and self-certification.
- Self-certification for WOSB/EDWOSBs remains an option until SBA finalizes new certification requirements.
- SBA's original WOSB/EDWOSB repository closed in March 2016.
- Your old documents? relax. They're waiting for you on a SBA ONE. With a few keystrokes, you'll be able to attach your old documents to the new login
- You'll just need to complete a new electronic version of the Affadavit, Form 2413/2414.
Here's SBA's simple 12-slide overview full of the screenshots, annotations, and instructions on what to expect for WOSB & EDWOSB to use the new site.
Other programs are slated to migrate onto the new site (aka certify.sba.gov) over the next year as follows: 8(a) Business Development Program (Fall 2016), HUBZone Program (Spring 2017) and Dynamic Small Business Search (DSBS) (Spring 2017).
Send your questions about the certification program, or comments on improving the site, to firstname.lastname@example.org.